If your account (My account – Spcial Accounts) shows the following error message: “Your account’s password was changed or your access token has expired. Remove and reconnect this Facebook account (you must also reconnect the Instagram Business Account related to this Facebook Account).“, follow the steps below to get your account reconnected:
1. Click the “Remove” text for Facebook account. This should also remove the Instagram account. If it does not, remove that as well.
2. Click the “Connect Facebook” button at the top.
3. Accept the permissions show in the popup screen.
4. Link an Instagram Business account by selecting it in the list and clicking the “Link this account” button.
5. You’re done!
Normally, this should fix the error. However, if the message is still there, you need to follow one extra step:
- In your Instagram mobile app: log out of your Instagram account and reconnect with the new password (if it was changed recently).
This error appears if one of the connected social accounts (Facebook, Instagram) has had its password changed or the login token has expired. Both of these issues can be easily fixed following the steps described here.